The battery percentage on your iPhone shows how long you can use your iPhone before needing to recharge it. This guide shows a simple way of keeping track of your battery percentage on an iPhone.
How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhones with Face ID
The latest iPhone models have a different design when it comes to the status bar. Although you can still see the battery icon on the top right corner of the screen it doesn’t show the battery level.
For iPhone models with a Face ID, swipe down the screen to the control center to see the battery percentage. These models include iPhone 11, 13, and iPhone X series. The battery percentage appears on the top right corner of the screen.
How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone Models with Touch ID
You can see the battery percentage on the status bar for iPhone models with Touch ID. The Status bar appears on the upper edge of the screen. You can find helpful information here like battery percentage, time, and your cellular carrier details.
These models include the iPhone 6, 7, 8, and SE series. If your battery percentage isn’t visible on the status bar, you can change it in the settings app with these steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Battery.
- Tap the Battery Percentage Switch to turn it on.
- The battery percentage will appear on the upper right part of your screen.
Add a Battery Percentage Widget
You can also add a widget to your home screen to quickly check your phone’s battery levels. This option works on all iPhone models. Here is how to do it:
- Press down on the background of your Home Screen until the apps begin to shake.
- Tap the ‘Add‘ button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down the Widgets Pop Up.
- Tap Batteries.
- Swipe through the sizes available and choose the one you want.
- Tap Add Widget at the bottom of the screen.
- The Batteries Widget will appear on your home screen
You can also use Siri to know the battery percentage of your iPhone. Siri will display your battery percentage at the bottom of the screen.