It is essential to keep track of how you spend your time personally and professionally. This is critical for productivity and your workflow. Asana allows you to manage and monitor your time, whether you are a manager, executive, or team member.
In this guide, we will walk you through the steps of tracking time in Asana in detail.
Use Tracking Time
At the moment, Asana does not offer any built-in time tracking solutions for its users. However, it does offer several third-party integrations for time tracking. In this method, we will guide you through the steps of integrating the ‘Tracking Time’ extension in Asana.
Tracking Time lets you track time spent on projects and tasks and create detailed timesheets for budgeting, invoicing, and payroll. It also helps keep track of client bills and billing. The steps listed below are for Chrome users, but you can use Tracking Time in Mozilla Firefox and the Edge browser.
- Launch your default browser and install Tracking Time | Button.
- Once the file has been downloaded, click on it. This will add the extension to your toolbar.
- Click on the TrackingTime Button icon on your toolbar and select SIGN UP. Enter your credentials to proceed.
- Check the box next to Asana under the ‘Enable productivity tools you want to integrate with the TrackingTime Button’ section.
- Click Allow in the confirmation prompt.
- Once done, launch Asana and access any one of your tasks.
- You should see a Play button right under the title of the task. Click on the button to start the timer.
- To stop it, click on the button again.
- As soon as you begin tracking a new task in Asana, the task and its project will automatically be added to your TrackingTime account. To see the tracked time, head over to the TrackingTime section in the left panel of your Asana account.
- Log into your TrackingTime account.
- Select Hours from the top panel. You should see a list of all the projects you have worked on during the week.
- To check the details of a task, click on it as shown below.
Other Time Tracking Software Options
For those who do not wish to use TrackingTime, here are some alternative third-party extensions you can use:
You can use these extensions by integrating them with your Asana account.