The PowerPoint Presenter View tool allows you to view speaker notes on your computer while your audience receives a notes-free presentation on their monitors.
You may want to turn off Presenter View on the audience’s monitors, or you may want to turn it off on all monitors. This article looks at how to turn off presenter view in PowerPoint versions 2016, 2019, and 2021.
Turn off Presenter View on your audience’s monitors
Only the presenter’s monitor will display the presenter view tool with this option. Your audience will have a normal view of the presentation on their monitors. Here is how you can do it:
- Open your presentation and go to the Slide Show tab.
- Select the “Monitor” dropdown arrow in the “Monitors” section. Then click Primary Monitor. This option turns Presenter View view on the audience’s monitors and displays it on the presenter’s monitor.
- Launch the presentation to preview the presentation.
Turn off presenter view on every monitor
- Open the Slide Show tab.
- Uncheck the checkbox Use Presenter View in the “Monitors” section.
- Launch the slide show to preview slides without the Presenter view tool.