This guide covers the methods to uninstall Google Drive on Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android.
How to uninstall Google Drive on Windows
Before you can uninstall Google Drive, you first need to exit from it. Here’s how:
- Right-click the Google Drive icon on the system tray.
- Then, click the gear icon and select Quit from the drop-down menu.
Once you have quit Google Drive, follow these steps to uninstall it:
- Press the Windows key and type Google Drive in the Start menu.
- Next, right-click the Google Drive icon and select Uninstall.
- In the Programs and Features window, right-click Google Drive and click Uninstall/Change.
- A User Account Control pop-up window will open, click Yes.
- Finally, in the new dialog box, click Uninstall to complete the process.
Google Drive will be uninstalled from your Windows.
How to uninstall Google Drive on Mac
Similar to Windows, you also need to quit Google Drive on Mac before you can uninstall it. Here’s how:
- On the top-right corner, click the Google Drive icon.
- From there, click the gear icon and select Exit from the drop-down menu.
Once the application is quit, follow the steps below to uninstall it.
- Open Finder and click Go from the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- From the Go drop-down menu, click Applications.
- Next, right-click Google Drive and select Move to Trash from the drop-down menu. You can also drag and drop the Google Drive icon onto the Trash.
4. Finally, right-click the Bin and click Empty Bin.
How to uninstall Google Drive on iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone, follow these steps to uninstall Google Drive:
- First, long press the Google Drive app.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, tap Remove App.
- In the pop-up window, tap Delete App and then tap Delete again.
How to uninstall Google Drive on Android
If you want to uninstall Google Drive from Android, follow these steps:
- Long press the Google Drive app.
- Tap Uninstall on the pop-up menu.
- Finally, tap OK on the confirmation window.