Tired of using an older version of iOS? It’s time to update your iPhone. It’s an easy process that won’t take up much of your time. You can either do it directly on your phone using Settings or on a Mac or Windows computer.
Update your iPhone from Settings
- Tap Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If your iPhone isn’t updated, new iOS versions will appear here.
- For example, if there is an update available, it will look like something like this.
Update Your iPhone on a Mac
If your iPhone doesn’t show any new updates in the settings, and you know it needs an update, you can update your device on your Mac. The steps below were taken on macOS Monterey.
- On your Mac, open Finder.
- Connect your device to your Mac using a USB-C cable or a USB adapter if you don’t have a Lightning to USB-C cable, and it will appear in the list of devices under “Locations”.
- Click on your device.
- Under the General tab, select Check for Update. If there’s a new update available, click on Download and Update.
Update your iPhone on Windows
- Open iTunes on your Windows PC. If you don’t have iTunes on your pc, you can download it from here.
- Connect your device and you’ll see it in the iTunes window.
- Go to “Summary” and select Check for Update. If there is any new update available, click on Download and Update.