This guide shows you the simple process of uploading videos to Google Drive using the desktop and mobile versions of the app.
Upload videos to Google Drive on a computer
Upload videos to the website
- Log in to your Google Drive account.
- In the top left corner, click the New button. From the dropdown menu, select File Upload.
- Navigate to and select the video or videos you want to upload, then click Open.
In the bottom-right corner, a window will pop-up showing upload time and progress. Wait for the uploading process to finish; once done, your videos will be uploaded to the drive.
Note: you can also drag and drop your videos into Google Drive to upload them.
Upload videos to the desktop version
You can also upload videos to Google Drive using its dedicated desktop application.
- Download and install the Google Drive application from the official website.
- Open the application and drag all your videos into the Drive folder on the application window.
Upload videos to Google Drive on Android or iPhone
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Click the plus sign (+) on the bottom right corner.
- Click Upload, then find and select the videos you want to upload.
Depending on the size of your videos, the uploading process might take some time to finish. Once done, all of your videos will be saved into the Google cloud storage.