AirPlay is a built-in tool that lets you mirror your iPhone screen to any AirPlay compatible device, including Apple TV, Mac, and compatible TVs. Using AirPlay, you’re able to listen to music, watch videos, view photos, and browse Safari on whichever screen you want.
Here are the requirements for using AirPlay:
- Both devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Both devices must have Bluetooth turned on.
- The devices need to be within 25 to 30 feet of each other.
Using AirPlay to mirror iPhone screen
- Open the Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner (on iPhone X and later models) or the bottom of the screen (on iPhone SE, iPhone 8, and earlier models).
- Tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
- Tap the device you want to AirPlay on. Make sure the device you want to connect to is turned on, otherwise you won’t be able to see it here.
- On your iPhone, you may be asked to enter a passcode that will be shown on the device you’re connecting to. Tap OK after entering the code and you’ll begin to see your iPhone’s screen on the TV.
Using AirPlay to Stream Music on an Apple Device
- On iPhone X or later, swipe down from the top-right corner to open the Control Center. On iPhone 8 or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll be able to see the music control area in the top-right corner. Tap the AirPlay icon in the top-right corner of the music control area.
- A new window will pop up where you’ll be able to see every AirPlay-compatible device. If you don’t see the device, make sure it’s turned on. Tap the device you want to stream and it will start playing your music.