Speaker notes are an effective way of adding more information to your slides while not getting in the way of the main presentation. It is used as a way to remind the presenter of key talking points as well as more details. Speaker notes are hidden in Presenter view and are only visible on your side.
This guide will show you how to add speaker notes to Google Slides and use them during your presentation.
Adding Speaker Notes in Google Slides
- Open your Google Slides presentation.
- Navigate to the slide you want to add speaker notes to. You will see the speaker notes section at the bottom of each slide.
- If the speaker notes section is not showing for you, click on View and ensure Show Speaker Notes is checked.
You can adjust the size of the speaker notes section by clicking and dragging the separator bar at the bottom of the slide up or down.
- To add notes to the Speaker Notes section, click on it and type (or paste) in your notes. You can use the menu bar to format your notes, like changing font family, color, size, etc.
Using Speaker Notes During Presentation
Do you want your speaker notes to be displayed during your presentation? Follow these steps:
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the Slideshow button and select Presenter view. This will keep your speaker notes visible during the presentation.
On the left panel, you’ll see the Presentation view, which contains your slides and the time elapsed. You’ll see the Audience Tools and Speaker Notes tabs on the right.
- Click the Speaker Notes tab to show speaker notes for each slide.