Using your phone as a controller for PS5 is helpful if a friend wants to join the game or you lost your controller. Sony has implemented an in-house solution to facilitate remote playing from your phone – an app called PS Remote Play, available on Android and iOS.
How to Use PS Remote Play to use your phone as a controller
PS Remote Play is an app that lets you use your phone as a controller for PS5 and allows you to take your PS5 games anywhere. You can play PS5 games wherever you want if you have a stable internet connection. Here’s how to use PS Remote Play:
- Download the PS Remote Play app on Android or iOS.
- Sign in using the same PlayStation Network account you use on the PS5
- Turn on the PS5 and navigate to Settings > System > Remote Play
- Turn on “Enable Remote Play”
- If you want to use Remote Play in Rest Mode, go to Settings > System> Power Saving > Features Available in Rest Mode and turn on Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS5 from Network.
- Start the PS Remote Play app on your phone
- Select PS5 and wait a few seconds for the devices to connect
- Once connected, the PS5 screen will be displayed on your phone
- A virtual controller will appear anytime you tap the screen
- Start a game using the virtual D-Pad and X button
- You can now play the game using your phone as a controller
How to Quit Remote Play
- Tap the phone screen, so the controls are displayed
- Click on the Options button displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings and then Disconnect
- A warning message, “This Remote Play Session will be disconnected, ” appears.
- Press OK, and the session will close, turning off the ability to use your phone as a controller
Device pairing is automatically done the next time you use Remote Play.
Use high-speed internet for a smoother gameplay experience. Connecting to the same network as your PS5 can result in a better response.