Your clipboard is a temporary space where anything you copy or cut is saved, whether text or an image.
By default, the paste function only shows the most recent entry. If you want to access the other contents you copied earlier, you must use the Clipboard History. Clipboard history stores all the data copied to the clipboard, including texts in various formats, images, and file lists.
Option #1: Use the default clipboard option
Android phones have a dedicated clipboard option that makes viewing clipboard history easy.
- Go to where you want to paste an item from the clipboard to.
- Tap on the text field and hold your finger on it. A list of options will show up—select Clipboard.
- You should now be able to view the clipboard history. You can select an item from the past to input it.
Option #2: Use a third-party keyboard
Various free third-party keyboard apps allow you to view your clipboard history. We recommend using Gboard, a Google-made application, for this. For this method to work, you will need to set the Gboard as your default keyboard.
- Launch the Play Store page for Gboard.
- Click Install.
- Launch the app and choose Enable in settings.
- Turn the toggle on for Gboard in the following window.
- Next, you will be prompted to choose an input method. Choose Gboard from the list of options available.
- Once done, Gboard will be set as your default keyboard.
- Next, go to a text field where you want to paste the item from the clipboard. Tap on the text field and hold it.
- Select the clipboard icon on the keyboard.
- You will now see your clipboard history.