Using Zoom in Google Slides allows you to pay closer attention to the more minor design details and look at an “overview” of your presentation. This guide shows you how to zoom in and out on a slide.
- You can find the Zoom button on the toolbar next to the Select and Paint Format buttons. It is a magnifying glass icon with a plus in the middle.
- By clicking on the dropdown arrow next to the zoom icon, you’ll see options to Zoom in or Zoom out. You can also use preset zoom levels for your slide.
- Clicking on the Zoom button, then on any part of the slide, will zoom into where you click. The zoom button only allows you to zoom in and not out.
- To return to the original view, select the dropdown arrow and choose Fit. Or press Command + Option + [ on Mac or CTRL + Alt + [ on Windows.
- Navigate to the slide where you want to zoom in and out. Select the View menu from the menu bar and choose Zoom from the options. Select Zoom In or Zoom Out, depending on the perspective you want in the current slide. There are also fixed zoom options: 50%, 100%, and 200%.
Alternatively, you can use these keyboard shortcuts:
Zoom in: Command + Option + Plus key on Mac or CTRL + Alt + Plus key on Windows.
Zoom out: Command + Option + Minus Key on Mac or CTRL + Alt + Minus key on Windows.