Deleting your user account from your PS5 is easy. However, permanently deleting it from Sony’s servers is a more complicated process.
How to delete a user account on your PS5
Deleting an account from the PS5 doesn’t delete it from Sony’s servers. You can still use the same credentials to log in at a later date or on to another PlayStation console. However, it does delete it from the actual PS5 console you’re using.
If you have a PS Plus Subscription or Cloud Saves enabled, you can re-download your saved data. However, screenshots and videos are not saved to the cloud. If you want to keep them, back them up somewhere else, like on your phone. Then, follow these steps to delete your account from PS5:
- Turn on the PS5
- Select Settings (gear icon) at the top right of the screen.
- Now scroll down to Users and Accounts and select it.
- On the new screen, scroll to the bottom and select the Delete Users option
- Select the user you want to delete. Remember that you cannot delete a user account you are currently using.
- A warning message will warn you that the saved data, screenshots, and video clips that belonged to the user will also be deleted from the PS5.
- Press OK, and the PS5 account will be permanently deleted from the PS5.
How to permanently delete your PS5 account
Permanently deleting a PS5 account is more tricky. There are no options to do it automatically. To close a PS5 account entirely, you need to contact Sony’s customer care and request them to close the account manually. You’ll lose access to all games purchased on that account if it is closed. Additionally, you will lose any saved data, screenshots, or clips associated with the account.